Friday, November 11, 2011

Benefit Erase Paste review



What benefit says about it: 


''This concentrated, creamy concealer brightens and camouflages in one easy step! Targets dark circles, discoloration and imperfections. Three shades with brightening melon undertones to suit every complexion. Comes complete with a fully illustrated, step-by-step lesson and mini-spatula for easy application.''

What I think of it: I love this stuff!

Benefit Erase Paste comes in the cutest little pink jar, with a tiny spatula so you can easily scoop out some product. The consistency is very creamy and easy to blend, it almost seems to melt into my skin rather than just forming a layer on top of it. There are 3 shades available and 1 (fair) is just right for my pale skin.

I mostly use this for concealing and brightening my dark under eye circles and it does the trick very well.  I don't really use it on blemishes because it tends to enhance them.

It covers and reflects light, leaving my skin looking bright and dewy. It does need some dusting with powder to set, and to tone down the sheen and oily look a bit. To prevent creasing you should apply it very lightly, although it is hard to fully prevent it. This might put some people off, but I can live with it.



Let's take a look at the ingredients:
PETROLATUM, LANOLIN, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, PARAFFIN, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLPARABEN, RETINYL PALMITATE. [+/- : TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. N° 52N2335-2 
 

The main ingredient is petrolatum, which is quite a controversial ingredient. Some people believe that your skin can develop a petrolatum-addiction, but this has not been proven and in my opinion many cosmetics contain far more alarming ingredients. What petrolatum does is preventing your skin from losing moisture. This works great for my eye area since it usually turns dry and sensitive throughout the day. Paraffin and lanolin have the same effect.

left: bare skin. Right: with Benefit erase paste
























I have tried concealers going from Mac, Yves Saint Laurent, Biotherm, Helena Rubinstein to some more budget proof brands, and this is by far the best for concealing my dark circles. And it looks great on my make-up shelve :) 
 
Go to http://www.benefitcosmetics.com for more info.

Thanks for reading!

Silke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!