Monday, February 6, 2012

Time keeps on slippin'

 
I haven't made many nice looks lately. Because a) I am freezing my ass off at 8am and postpone the moment of facing the cold so long that I end up only having 10 minutes. And b) The cold and temperature changes have ruined my skin once again, and I don't feel like doing fancy eyelooks when my face looks like a mess. On top of that I wasn't able to reach my picture archives for a few days, but I finally managed to dig up some pics that I'd like to share :)

I was inspired by the 60's for this look. It's not the most flattering look on me because it emphasizes my hooded eyelids and under-eye circles a lot, but I liked it anyway. Sometimes looking a bit grungy can have it's charm too. I keep telling myself that, haha :p

Read on for the product list and more pictures!




Product list:

Face:
Benefit Erase Paste
Lancome Teint Miracle foundation
Light dusting with MAD minerals foundation in fair

Eyes:
Mac Blacktrack Fluidline (almost dried out)
Shiro cosmetics eyeshadow in Triforce
Catrice precision eye pencil in 080 Wildthing (smudged in the outer V as a darkbase)
Maybelline The Falsies wp mascara


Does anyone have a winter skincare holy grail that might help me out? I hate having dry flaky skin..

Thanks for reading!

Silke

3 comments:

  1. I swear by Nivea Creme at night. But then my winters are mild compared to yours. I really love the shades of gold you've used here. The cat-eye shape you've created is really nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cat eye was my first thought, but then when you mentioned the 60's, so yes that works to! but i liked the shape of this, and the harsh line in the crease! also the golden touch wasn't so bad either!
    i use celestial from Lush whenever my skin has some dry spots (which happen seldom since i have such oily skin!) but i use it as a nightcream when i want to boost the skin. smells vanilla, and that's not too bad huh!?//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's not as clean as I wanted, but I have a lot to learn about working with mineral eyeshadows, and my new brushes :)

    I'll ask a sample of celestial next time i go to lush, I tried imperialis but that wasn't moisturizing enough for me. I have been cleansing my make-up with olive oil the past few days and my skin is looking a lot better already, let's hope I don't break out now..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!