Monday, November 26, 2012

Catrice ultimate color lipstick: Ginger and Fred


My first and favorite Catrice lipstick was Ginger and Fred. It's a muted berry with a subtle golden sheen, and it works wonders for my pale skin. It's a very flattering color that doesn't emphasize redness in my skin or the yellow in my teeth the way many cooler pinks tend to.

It wears for an hour or 3 and it fades pretty evenly, at least on me. So it's no disaster if you aren't able to reapply very often. The formula is not moisturizing, but it doesn't dry your lips either. Unfortunately the golden shimmer is slightly gritty, and that's pretty much the biggest downside of this lipstick. I really enjoy wearing this, but you might want to test it first if you are easily bothered by gritty finishes. Like all ultimate color lipsticks, it comes in a sturdy black tube. They don't open on their own and don't get scratched or worn off very easily: very purse-proof. :)

Catrice increased their prices  and these lipsticks now cost €3,99: still cheap compared to other drugstore brands.

Do you own any Catrice lipsticks?
What is your favorite shade?

Silke

5 comments:

  1. I have a few glosses , which i like and a nude matte lipstick ... my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour, is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it is :) But it's an older shade so who knows for how much longer..

      Delete
  3. the color looks really nice.
    never heard of the brand. must be something in europe only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so.. It's very low budget and is owned by the same company that owns essence, which I heard is already sold in some places in the US and Australia. Hopefully for you guys they'll bring over catrice too. Personally I prefer Catrice over Essence :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!